December 19, 2017
Decoding the Benefits of BHRT
We’ve compiled a list of five scientific benefits of BHRT!
1. BHRT Creates Better Maintenance of Muscle Mass and Strength – From lifting heavy Christmas gifts to picking up your kids, low muscle mass can impact your ability to perform everyday activities—and even lead to lower back and knee injuries. Low testosterone and estrogen often come with decreased serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine levels and the receptor sites that bind to these causing increased cravings for carbs, sugar, and caffeine. Obviously, over time, this increases fat. In addition, building muscle mass with low testosterone is really hard! And what’s more, the less muscle you have, the harder it is to keep the fat off! Increasing your mass, combined with a targeted strength training campaign, can immediately impact your quality of life.
2. Low Testosterone and Thyroid Hormones Directly Correlates To Fatigue – Not only is being tired annoying, but it can have negative ramifications for your health as well. When feeling fatigued, people often try to re-energize with coffee, energy drinks, and energy pills. We all know how horrible those can be for your body, especially in excess. Plus, when you feel tired, the last thing on your agenda is working out. Laying around definitely doesn’t increase your natural testosterone and HGH levels, so it almost always contains you in your tired cage. Replenishing those hormones can give you the renewed energy you’ve been seeking.
3. BHRT Aids in Weight Loss – Let’s be clear: BHRT is not a magic hormone that is going to make you look like a supermodel by itself. BUT it does do a few things: First, reference the two benefits we’ve already discussed. When you’re building muscle mass and strength and you’re feeling energized, your workouts are killer! Your motivation skyrockets because you’re finally accomplishing what you’ve wanted in the gym! Secondly, estrogen is stored in fat cells. Especially for women, your body holds on to those fat cells to hold on to the estrogen! Once it has the correct amount again, it can burn that fat since it doesn’t need it anymore.
4. BHRT Improves Your Skin – Ever heard of the pregnancy glow? Well, that’s because when you’re pregnant you have an increase in estrogen, and therefore an increase in collagen III, which makes your skin literally glow! When you begin to hit menopause, or andropause for males, your skin pays the price. Wrinkles, lines, decreased firmness, and dryness are just a few of the unpleasant symptoms that accompany the loss of hormones. Increasing estrogen to increase collagen III will increase epidermal hydration, skin elasticity, collagen content and quality, and reduces wrinkles.
5. BHRT Can Reduce Your Risk Of Alzheimer’s – That’s a big statement. But there’s research to back it up! Estrogen is vital for brain function in both men and women. Estrogen is part of the brain’s signaling system, and it helps direct blood to parts of the brain that are more active. Fluctuating estrogen makes you foggy, moody, and feeling overall crummy. “These fluctuating hormones also contribute to insomnia, which not only impairs memory but also causes extra stress and inflammation in the body, because it’s not able to fully restore and repair itself at night. Deep sleep is when the brain moves short-term memories into long-term storage. Frequent interruptions in sleep are deadly to memory.”-Awakening from Alzheimer’s. Other hormones such as insulin, leptin, and amylin decrease as both men and women age which makes your body and brain more susceptible to the damaging effects of free radicals and inflammation. Making sure that your hormones are at an optimal level vastly decreases your risk for cognitive decline.